Nursing and health care organizations offer several jobs with a well-paid salary and various other advantages. To obtain a job of a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), you have to prepare a well-written resume. It is also important that your resume should stand out from the crowd. The resume should be prepared in such a manner that it should gain the attention of the recruiter by its first look.
The best CNA resume is the one, which is professional in tone as well as appearance. Nowadays, the recruiters are very careful in choosing the candidates and the best ones are only considered for the position of a certified nursing aide. At the end of the day, their reputation matters on how well their employees (nursing assistants) are catering to the requirements of the patients.
CNA Resume Objective
It is important that you first understand the importance and objective of a CNA resume. CNA resume objective is the primary factor to make a good impression on the employer and receive a call for an interview.
Let us have a look at some of its important points:
- The first basic thing for gaining a foot in the door of an organization is to be prepared with an impressive resume, in the absence of which even a good candidate may not gain a call for the interview
- Preparing a good resume takes lot of time, especially the objective of a resume for the position of a certified nursing assistant should look appealing and attractive, as it is the main thing that any potential employer would like to go through in order to get a fair idea about the candidate
- It should be written in such a manner that the recruiter is compelled to schedule a meeting with the candidate
- The main aim or the objective is to make the employer aware about the skills and potentials of the candidate along with their approach towards work
- A well-framed resume objective also outlines what kind of a job the candidate is looking for and in what kind of work environment
- It is very important that the objective seems thoroughly professional as well as contains no errors as far as grammar and spelling are concerned
CNA Resume Example
Name: Meredith Sheppard
Address: 14 E. Ninth Street, Brooklyn, NY 2222
Contact number: 631-119-1528
E-mail address: email@example.com
Career Objective: Seeking for the position of a certified nursing assistant in your organization where I can perform to the best of my potential and serve the patients effectively.
Professional Summary: I am a highly-skilled and talented person for the post of a certified nursing aide, as I have work experience of more than 3 years in the field of nursing and health care. I have my own method of working and solving problems in the best possible way.
Skills and Core Competences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of nursing domain and well-versed with nursing techniques
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to maintain a healthy relation with the team mates
Designation: Certified Nursing Assistant
Organization’s Name: ABC Heath Association, New York, USA
Duration: October 2009-till date
Duties and Responsibilities
- Note the vital signs such as temperature, pulse rate, and blood pressure
- Take samples: stool/ urine/ sputum for clinical examinations
- Prevent bed sores of bed-ridden patients and reposition the patients as well
- Note any abnormal changes in the patient's condition and report to the registered nurse (RN)
- Assist the patients with the range of exercises as prescribed by the doctors
- Prepare admission, discharge procedures, and other patient's documentation
- Answer the call of the patients and make sure that their problems have been sorted out immediately
- Provide mental support to the patients
- Keep the patient's room clean in order to provide proper hygiene
- High School Diploma from St Stephens High School, New York, United States in the year 2008
- CNA certification degree from ABC Heath Association, New York, United States in the year 2009
- Awarded as the best nursing aide of the year from ABC Heath Association, New York, United States in the year 2010
Areas of Interest
Name: Maria Thomas
Designation: Registered Nurse
Organization: ABC Heath Association, New York, USA
Phone No: 987-990-8989
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Birth: 12 January 1988
Marital status: Married
The above resume example will help you to draft a well-defined resume for the position of a CNA. Make sure that your resume has a professional outlook.