CNA Resume Cover Letter
A resume cover letter is an overview of your resume. It highlights the essential aspects of your resume in an effective and efficient manner. A resume cover letter has to be designed in such a manner that the recruiter is being compelled to meet the candidate; thereby arranging an interview with them. Similarly, while drafting the CNA resume cover letter, extra care should be taken to make the potential employer believe that the candidate is best suited for the job profile.
Points to be Considered While Drafting a Good CNA Resume Cover Letter
- Be short and precise and provide relative and correct information
- Make use of resume keywords to create an effectual cover letter
- Personalize the cover letter and make it unique
- Just provide a glimpse of your resume by highlighting your credentials and professional summary
- Proofread the cover letter at least twice before mailing it to the recruiter and make sure that it is error free
Content of CNA Resume Cover Letter: A certified nursing assistant resume cover letter is divided into 3 sections:
- Header or Introduction Section: This section includes the main objective of drafting the cover letter. It also includes the position for which you want to apply for. Also mention basic information about yourself.
- Informatory Section or Body: Start this section by mentioning your current job description along with the important job responsibilities that you undertook. Mention why you are interested in working with the particular organization. Also, mention your educational qualification, skill set, and contact information.
- Salutation or Conclusion Section: This is the concluding section of the cover letter in which you thank the recruiter for spending their precious time, for considering your resume, and mention your interest in meeting the recruiter to know about the organization and their hiring plans. Do remember to follow up within 2 weeks time.
Sample CNA Resume Cover Letter for Entry Level Candidate
Address: 415 Quincy Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
Contact No: 789-987-8181
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: November 17, 2012
Kimberly L. Smith
ABS Health Care Center
Philadelphia, PA 19101, United States
As per the advertisement posted on the job portal for the position of a certified nursing assistant in your organization, I fulfill the eligibility criteria for the opening and would like to apply for the same. I have just completed CNA certification from Red Cross Society and possess good knowledge of nursing domain. I have attended training session under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) and have learned various skills in order to serve the patients effectively.
The rest of the details such as my education qualifications, qualities, skills, certification details, awards, and contact details are mentioned in the resume. As nursing is an area of my interest, I am sure that I will excel at work and prove to be an ideal employee your organization.
Thanks for taking interest in going through the cover letter. I have attached my resume for further details. I would like to meet you for further discussions. I am eagerly waiting for your reply.
- Copy of CNA Certification
Sample CNA Resume Cover Letter for Experienced Candidate
Michael T. Walker
479 Hilltop Drive, Amarillo, TX 79101 United States
Contact No: 219-728-0762
E-mail id: email@example.com
Date: November 17, 2012
Thomas L. Reynolds
MM Center of Medical and Health Care
Amarillo, TX 79105 United States
While searching for nursing jobs, I came across advertisement in the employment newspaper for the position of certified nursing assistant in MM Center of Medical and Health Care. Currently, I am working with ABC Health Association for the past 2 years. I possess strong knowledge about the nursing domain and have handled various situations at the time of emergency in an effective manner. I have gone through the eligibilities criteria for the job opening and hope that I have fulfilled it. I have served different types of patients admitted in the hospital i.e. from children to elderly.
I have completed high school diploma degree, followed by a certification in nursing from AMS Nursing Home in the year 2009. The rest of the details i.e. professional experiences, educational qualification, job description, achievements, contact information, and extra-curricular activities are mentioned in my resume attached with this cover letter.
Last but not the least, I would like to thanks the recruiters for their consideration in going through the cover letter and hope to see a positive reply. It would be a great pleasure to work for your organization. Please feel free to contact at your convenience. My contact number is (219)-728-0762. I have attached the required documents with this cover letter, as mentioned in the advertisement.
(Michael T. Walker)
- Copy CNA Certification Degree
- Letter of Recommendation from previous employer