CNA Resume Format
While searching for a job of a CNA, it is important that you have a well-drafted resume ready with you. Another important aspect is that you should have a standard CNA resume format, as it will help you in drafting a customized resume. You should also be aware about how to find the best resume format and what should be the content of your resume, because the resume creates first impression about you. Let us go through the content of a standard resume for the position of a certified nursing assistant.
Content for Resume Format
- Contact Details: It is the first segment of your resume and it carries a lot of importance because it is the only possible medium through which a recruiter can contact you for further communication. This section includes the candidate’s name, who is applying for the job, their mailing address, email id, and contact number.
- Career Objective: This segment includes the objective or aim of the candidate applying for the job. It also indicates the approach of the candidate towards their work. The candidates should also mention the name of the position they are applying for and the job code, if specified in the mail or advertisement.
- Skill Set: This is another most important section that helps the recruiter in shortlisting the candidate for the interview. It includes qualities and skills that you have achieved in your previous organizations. Do mention these skills using bulleted points. You can also categorize your skills by dividing it into several sections such as technical skills, computer skills, and other skills. Make sure that you have justified these points in an effectual manner.
- Professional Summary: This section summarizes all your professional experience details in an effective manner. It includes duration of your professional life along with the projects that you have handled. Do not lengthen this section; as you have to mention the work experience in detail in the below sections.
- Work Experience: Work experience includes your present and past experience along with the duties that you carried out. This segment should be mentioned in reverse chronological order. It includes your current designation, the name of the organization, tenure, and the roles and responsibilities that you undertook in the organization. Do not forget to mention previous work experience.
- Academic Qualifications: This segment comprises of your educational details such as your post graduation degree, graduation degree, high school diploma or any certification degree that you have obtained. It should also be mentioned in reverse chronological order. It should include the name of the course or degree, the name of the college or school, the duration of the course, the name of the organization, and the year of passing.
- Certification Details: It is important to mention the details of the certification that you possess. The certification will emphasizes your skills in an effective manner.
- Area of Interest: This segment enunciates your interest related to the work that you perform in your current organization or the work that you have earlier performed in your previous organization. Make sure that you have listed these pointers using the bullet points.
- Awards and Achievements: This part of the resume lists the awards that you have received in your current as well as previous organization. It gives an added advantage to your profile.
- References: This section may appear at the bottom of your resume, but carries utmost importance. It may help you in receiving a call for an interview from the employer. It includes the name of the referrer, designation, name of the organization, your email address, and contact number.
- Personal Details: This is the last segment of the resume and carries an overview about your personal information. It includes date of birth, social security number, citizenship, and marital status.
[Name of the Candidate]
[Address of Correspondence]
Career Objective: [Aim/ objective for drafting your resume]
Skill Set: [Include your strength, qualities, and skills]
Professional Summary: [Total number of years of experience along with a short summary of the projects undertaken]
[Designation of the Candidate]
[Name of the Company]
[Duties and Responsibilities]
[Name of the Degree]
[Name of the Institute and University]
[Year of Passing]
[Duration of the Course]
Area of Interest: [Mention your interests related to the work]
Achievements: [Mention the awards that you received for your excellence at work while serving the organization]
[Name of the Referral]
[Date of Birth]
[Social Security Number]
The above mentioned format of resume for CNA will help you in creating a well-defined resume for the particular position.